- It doesn't matter how big the audience is, as long as they are enjoying it, it's fine.
- Watching Elton John singing my song with Eminem on the Grammys was just bizarre.
- I can't go to Tesco without people following me down the aisles whispering, "That's her".
It started off in Marks & Spencer's and now it's every supermarket.
- I'm an all right musician who is rubbish at everything. I used to be a great classical
player but I let that slip. Sometimes I play piano live but then I can't sing.
It's like rubbing your stomach and head at the same time.
- I go shopping, clean the flat, cook my boyfriend's dinner.
It's great selling records, but it doesn't mean you have to turn into a freak.
- I'm not actually putting me out through my lyrics. I'm trying to put feelings out. I'm not
sort of saying this is me, because if I was, I'd be a psycho.
- It's much better when I go out with my mates and we stop talking about me
like I'm some sort of egomaniac. It's great when we can just have a drink.
- I was going to play for Arsenal, and that was final. I was going to be the first
girl in the team. I was disappointed when I realised that wasn't going to happen.
- I'll never as long as I live write a song about what it is to be famous,
at that point, remove me from this life, I've lost it.
- My perfect day is going to the pub and then a football match.
- I don't give a flying f*** about any other chart.
- It's so much fun, it's making me giggle. I feel like a princess today.
- I can be really horrible sometimes, a total bitch.
- It's true what they say about women reaching their peak later in life.
Sex becomes less tied up with emotions and relationships, and more about
having a good time.
- Once I was off to the loo when everyone started chanting, "Dido, Dido,
give us a wave." It's flattering, but I would rather everyone in the whole
ground didn't know I was off for a wee.